Date: November 9, 2022 9:56:20 PM UTC
Title: Assistant Plant Controller
Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Fountain Inn, SC
Sponsorship: No sponsorship will be provided for this role. Must be a US Citizen.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Plant Controller for a Tier 1 Automotive supplier. You will be an integral member of the Accounting Team, assisting the Plant Controller in daily functions. The ideal candidate will be one who has vast accounting experience, particularly in the automotive industry, and enjoys ensuring the financial environment of the plant is measured, compliant, and transparent with the Leadership team.
If this sound like you, then we have the perfect job for you!!
Candidates must have the following qualifications and interest:
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance. Equivalent work experience may also be considered for this position
- 15+ years’ experience performing accounting duties for large plants, particularly within the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Immense experience cost forecasts, as well as producing reports for month end reporting.
- Experience with performing and maintaining all functions related to Product Costing Systems
- Partners with plant leadership and Commercial teams to produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts as required.
- Reviews and audits BOMs to ensure accurate costing.
- Ensures financial control environment is compliant with applicable laws and company’s financial policies.
- Coordinates supplier purchase order amendments, prices changes related to procurement agreements, engineering changes, or other cost reduction initiatives.
- Performs and maintains all functions related to Product Costing System.
- Monitors performance to forecast and provides early communication to plant leadership when budget concerns or opportunities arise
- Participates in VA/VE/CR implementation timing and cost tracking.
- Produces all reports necessary for month-end closing, supervisors on-site accounting personnel.
- Prepares daily measurables for reporting in staff meeting. · Assists department managers in analysis of data.
- Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Plant controller or Group Accounting.
- Quality System: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related Quality requirements.
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS): Understand, apply, and meet all function related EHS requirements.
- Product Safety: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related Product Safety requirements.
- Compliance: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related Compliance requirements.
- Information Security: Understand, apply, and meet all function-related IT / Information Security and confidentiality of YFAI information requirements.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Employee must have the ability to work additional hours and / or overtime as needed or assigned to complete job duties on time.
- Ability to multitask, interact politely and professionally with customers, suppliers and vendors, and work cooperatively with employees at all levels.
Location: Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, South Carolina Area, US
Job Type: FULL_TIME
Experience Requirements: 4 Year