Date: December 15, 2022 7:05:48 PM UTC
Title: Azure Solutions Architect
Type: Contract (6-months) – very likely to be extended to 12 plus months
Sponsorship: No sponsorship will be provided for this role
We are seeking an Azure Solution Architect to support a leading client within the digital transformation space. This individual embraces an entrepreneur approach with a strong work ethic. This position primarily focuses on solving business challenges for our Enterprise customers with Outcome Based solutions that includes strategic products and services. The position is responsible for assessing customer needs and tailoring customized solutions that are moderate to complex in nature to fit business needs. This role will work closely with the Chief Architect and Delivery Operations manager to create solutions and runbooks for repeatable solutions. The Azure Solution Architect will work with the Chief Architect to contribute to roadmap of solutions and products to incorporate into the future portfolio.
- 15+ years of IT experience in various capacities with a solid understanding of physical data center infrastructure.
- 5+ years of demonstratable Azure Cloud and solution architecture experience.
- Azure cloud tenant and subscription creation.
- Azure Active Directory population and synchronization.
- Azure Active Directory Domain Services.
- Azure virtual networks and subnets.
- Azure virtual network gateways, VPN and Express Routes.
- Azure Automation using, automation accounts, Azure Functions, Event manager and Run Books. Also fluent with either Powershell, Azure CLI or Python.
- Azure MFA, SSO and conditional access.
- Azure IaaS such as, virtual machines, storage, network equipment, and load balancing.
- Azure PaaS such as, SQL managed instances, Azure Application Services, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure DevOps, Azure Virtual Desktop, etc.
- Azure backup and disaster recovery.
- Authentication and Authorization – You understand and can implement modern Authentication and Authorization methods and schemes such as…Federation, SSO, MFA, Conditional Access, OAuth and other claims-based authentication.
- Application and Service Delivery – You understand common load balancing methods. This includes application scaling and the difference between scaling up and scaling out.
- Security and Remediation – You understand and stay up to date on internal and external security threats. You mitigate risks and security threats by implementing controls to the cloud infrastructure. You can recognize threat patterns and can fine tune SIEM, monitors and logging tools.
- Cloud Resource Structure – You understand best practice in resource naming, tagging, dependencies and grouping. As well as understand the differences and advantages of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Networking – You understand virtual networks, subnetting, routing, gateways, SD-WAN, internal / external firewalls, public / private endpoints, throughput, and throttling.
- Data – You understand how data is stored and analyzed. This includes storage methods, real-time analytics, and big data.
- DevOps – You understand continuous integration and continuous development. This includes pipelines, repositories, application slotting.Micro Services – You understand serverless application containers and how it is different from monolithic application development.
- Thought Leadership – You bring vision and a clear roadmap to realize the goal of a sound cloud adoption strategy. You are the change agent and evangelist.
- Communication – You can effectively communicate technical concepts in all modalities with stake holders of all technical abilities. You will run technical design meetings, create slide decks, create technical drawings, preform demonstrations, give instruction, write case studies.
- Collaboration – You listen and strive to understand what the “end state” of any technical solution that stake holders require. You ask questions and give alternatives to arriving at the same end state.
- Governance – You understand the underlying business needs of the organization and apply policy, constraint, and order. You support the needs of the organization by translating organizational governance to the cloud infrastructure.
Nice To Haves:
- Software development full lifecycle methodologies, patterns, frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Azure Bicep, Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Solution delivery modalities such as Agile.
- Industry relevant certifications such as… Microsoft Certified Azure Architect Expert, TOGAF, ITIL
Location: United States, US
Job Type: ENTRY_LEVEL
Experience Requirements: 4 Year